In 1999 Cynthia Trinidad, former NBA Spurs Dancer and former NFL Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader, organized a cheer/dance squad for a semi-pro football organization and the result proved to be the beginning of the "San Antonio Roses". For the first 5 years the squads were known by other names because they were formed for various semi-professional football organizations. All of these squads were directed by Cynthia Trinidad with the execption of the 2002 squad which was directed by Jennifer Salazar.
The various squad names used for the first 5 years included:
- 1999 & 2000 Sharpshooter Cheerleaders - UPFL San Antonio Stampede Football
- 2000 Matador Cheerleaders - SFL San Antonio Matadors Football
- 2001 Lightning Cheerleaders - NAFL San Antonio Thunder Football
- 2002 Talon Cheerleaders - NAFL San Antonio Talons Football
- 2003 Talon Girls - NAFL San Antonio Talons Football
In August of 2003 the squad became an independent organization and the "San Antonio Roses" were born. Along with performing as an independent group the San Antonio Roses perform as pro-style cheerleaders for local sports teams. Since 2003 the San Antonio Roses have been contracted to perform as:
- 2004 Mission Belles - AA San Antonio Missions Baseball
- 2006 Lady Ravens - GCFA San Antonio Ravens Football
- 2007 & 2008 Warrior Cheerleaders - TUFL San Antonio Warriors Football
- 2009 Warrior Cheerleaders - NMLF San Antonio Warriors Football
- 2010 & 2011 Warrior Cheerleaders - MPFL San Antonio Warriors Football
- 2013 Sky Dancers - AFL San Antonio Talons Arena Football
- 2016 Warrior Maiden Dancers - MPFL San Antonio Warriors Football
The Roses are available for special community events, sporting events, promotions, grand openings, and corporate events. They can judge cheerleading / dance competitions / tryouts and are available for modeling and talent opportunities as well as mini cheer and dance camps.
The San Antonio Roses have performed and attended many events in many venues. A short list includes:
- AT&T Center - AHL San Antonio Rampage
- Alamodome - U.S. Army All-American Bowl (2008 & 2009)
- AT&T Center - WNBA Silver Stars
- Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center - NCAA Final Four
- L'auberge du Lac - Lake Charles, LA
- KENS TV - Great Day S.A.
- Parades including Fiesta Flambeau, Helotes Cornyval & Poteet Strawberry Festival
- Princess & Me - Benefiting St. Peter and St. Joseph Children's Home
Since 1999 the director has assisted her squad members and others in their goal to perform for various cheer and dance squads in professional sports leagues including the NFL, NBA, WNBA, AFL and AHL. Many have moved to squads for other organizations including:
- NFL Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders
- NFL Dallas Cowboys Rhythmn & Blues Dancers
- NFL Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders
- NFL Altanta Falcons Cheerleaders
- NBA Miami Heat Dancers
- NBA San Antonio Spurs - Silver Dancers
- WNBA San Antonio Silver Stars - Star Squad
- NBA D-League Austin Toros - Capital City Dancers
- NBA D-League RG Valley Vipers - Snake Charmers
- AHL San Antonio Rampage - Ice Girls
- AFL San Antonio Talons - Sky Dancers
- AFL Austin Wranglers - Lady Wranglers
- AFL2 Rio Grande Valley Dorados - Dorado Dancers
- MLS Houston Dynamo - Dynamo Girls
In 2006 the San Antonio Roses opened their own studio and pro-shop on the northwest side of San Antonio. Roses Entertainment and the San Antonio Roses together with SportsLink produced the nationally televised 2008 and 2009 U.S. Army All-American Bowl SpiritFest in the Alamodome.
The San Antonio Roses continue to provide individuals the experience to successfully move to other professional or semi-professional teams and the opportunity to showcase their talent at events throughout San Antonio and Texas.
Director / Choreographer- Cynthia Trinidad
Cynthia Trinidad, President of Roses Entertainment and director of the San Antonio Roses, has managed all aspects of the organization including auditions, practices, events, photo shoots, promotions, music selections, performances and uniform design. She has choreographed numerous routines and halftimes and has overseen final productions. Cynthia holds knowledge of different venues of professional sports productions including football, basketball, and baseball.
Cynthia has been dancing since the age of 6 and has instruction in ballet, modern ballet, folklorico / flamenco, jazz, drill team, cheerleading, and professional cheerleading. She has over 30 years experience in the dance and cheerleading industry including performing, competing, choreography, instructing, judging, directing, and NCA cheer/dance retail management.
Cynthia's accomplishments include:
- Charros Cheerleaders - AFA San Antonio Charros Football
- Dollies Dancers - AA San Antonio Dodgers Baseball
- Quicksilver Jazz Dance Troupe - NBA San Antonio Spurs Basketball
- Gunslingers Cheerleaders - USFL San Antonio Gunslingers Football
- Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders - NFL Dallas Cowboys Football
- Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Calendar - February 1991
- Karate, Dance, Aerobics, Zumba and AerobaKata Instructor
- Certified Make-Up Artist
- Miss Fiesta Scholarship Pageant Choreographer 2004 - 2019
- Contributing Author For 3 Pro/Semi-Pro Cheerleading Books
- Held the title "Mrs. San Antonio 2009 United America"
- Held the title "Mrs. Elite Beauty of Texas USA 2010"
- Held the title "Mrs. Elite Beauty USA 2010"
- Held the title "Mrs. Petite Texas United America 2011"
- Held the title "Mrs. Petite United America 2011"
- Holds the title "Ms. Petite United America Ambassador - Lifetime Title"
- Pageant and Professional Cheerleader Audition Coach
Choreographer - Melissa Martinez
Melissa R. Martinez, former Spurs Silver Dancer and UTSA Spirit Program Head Coach and Coordinator, has been cheering and dancing since the age of 8. She has instruction in jazz, tap, hip hop, tumbling, cheerleading and professional dance. She has over 20 years of experience in the dance and cheerleading industry including performing, competition, instructing, judging and directing.
Melissa's accomplishments include:
- Spurs Silver Dancer - NBA San Antonio Spurs Basketball (6 Years)
- NCA Staff - National Cheerleaders Association (2 Years)
- Head Dance & Cheer Coach - University of Texas at San Antonio NCAA Division I (10 Years)
- Assistant Director - Cheers Cheerleading & Dance Studio (8 Years)
- Head Instructor - U.S. Army All-American Bowl (2008 & 2009) - Roses Entertainment
Assistant Choreographer - Erynn Moore
Erynn Moore has danced for fourteen years and has training in ballet, jazz, and hip-hop. Erynn graduated from MacArthur High School in San Antonio as Captain of the Lassies' Drill Team. She directed a dance team for an independent performing arts school for three years and has participated in numerous intensive dance workshops with choreographers from Los Angeles including George "GEO" Hubela who danced and choreographed for performers including Missy Elliot, Britney Spears, and Jennifer Lopez.
Erynn began choreographing in 1999 for her high school drill team. Aspiring to become a pro cheerleader she found the San Antonio Warriors Semi-Pro Football Organization and cheered as a Warrior Cheerleder for one season. Erynn joined the San Antonio Roses as a member for the 2006 & 2007 seasons and currently shares her talent as the San Antonio Roses choreographer. Erynn is constantly expanding her talent as a choreographer by attending numerous dance workshops where she meets other great choreographers and directors.
Erynn's accomplishments include:
- Captain '98-'99 MacArthur High School Drill Team
- Dance Director - The Guardian Angel Performance Arts Academy
- Choreographed Quinceañeras in the San Antonio / Lytle Area
- Member of the San Antonio Roses (2006 & 2007)
- Member of the choreography team for the U.S. Army All-American Bowl (2008 & 2009)
- Choreographer for the San Antonio Roses (2008 - 2010)
Send us your questions, comments, or requests using this form.